My AZ Legal Team, PLLC: Sex Crimes Lawyers in Casa Grande, Arizona
If you have been arrested for a sex offense in Arizona, it is vital that you obtain the assistance of an experienced, aggressive, and zealous legal team. Conviction for a sex crime can have devastating effects on your life and future. The consequences of this crime in Arizona are severe and can impact:
- Your freedom—sex crimes in Arizona can carry a minimum ten year sentence for each charge;
- Your career—a sex offense conviction will become part of your permanent record and may require registration as a sex offender, impacting potential educational and career opportunities;
- Your reputation—a sex offense can shatter your community and social reputation;
- Your relationships—sex offense convictions will often prove hard on families and personal relationships.
Defending Against All Sex Crime Charges
The veteran sex crime defense attorneys at My AZ Legal Team, PLLC have considerable experience defending against all forms of sex crimes in Arizona, including:
- Sexual assault
- Statutory rape
- Date rape
- Child pornography
- Internet sex crimes
- Sex trafficking
- Indecent exposure
- Human trafficking
Sex crimes carry the potential of years to even life in prison, depending upon the severity of the charge. Arizona’s “Dangerous Crimes Against Children” law mandates incarceration for those convicted for certain sex offenses. If you are convicted of one of these crimes, the judge will be required to follow strict sentencing guidelines. Generally, Arizona prison sentences will not allow for early release, parole, or good time. Consecutive sentencing, in which each sentence runs back to back, will often be enforced in child pornography and other sex offenses involving minors. Felony sex offenders must register in the lifetime sex offender database. This will require years of following notification and registration requirements. If you miss any necessary requirements, it will often result in additional jail time.
Possible Defenses Against Sex Crime Charges
While sex crimes come with serious consequences, these crimes can be effectively defended against with the assistance of an experienced and innovative defense attorney. Your attorney will examine the facts of the crime and uncover the best possible defense. Some of the most commonly used defenses against sex crimes include:
- Challenging the evidence: Challenging the evidence can include attempts to suppress evidence that was either illegally obtained or contaminated. You can also obtain outside experts to examine the evidence. Challenges to physical evidence can be critical to your defense, as the failure of police officers to comply with stringent guidelines for the collection and preservation of evidence will require its suppression.
- Exposing tainted testimony: For many sex crimes involving minors, especially young children, this defense can be powerful as studies have demonstrated children are highly susceptible to suggestive interviewing.
- Revealing an accuser’s illicit motive:Sometimes, your attorney will uncover an illicit motive behind your accuser’s testimony, including a failed relationship, custody dispute, and more.
My AZ Legal Team, PLLC: Offering Aggressive Defense Against Sex Crime Charges
The Casa Grande criminal defense Attorneys at My AZ Legal Team, PLLC have assisted countless clients charged with a variety of sex crimes. Our attorneys understand the seriousness of your sex crime charge and will mount a vigorous defense right from the start. When you call our law offices, you will be immediately connected to a top-rated criminal defense lawyer. We will then begin working tirelessly to uncover evidence and expose the flaws in the prosecution’s case. Our renowned criminal defense lawyers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist with your sex crime case.Call the Casa Grande criminal defense lawyers at My AZ Legal Team, PLLC today at (520) 317-1997 to schedule your initial consultation.